Saturday, August 20, 2011

What are Saturdays For?

It's Saturday, and it has taken me most of the day to get my back to quit hurting so much. Back pain is one of those things you live with as you grow old. Mine comes from sitting in an office chair for more hours than I should. I do it because it is my space. Frequently invaded, but still mine.

This week we got Chris signed up for school, job hunted, spent time together, and fretted some. Guess we are going to do that, considering all that is going on, but still hopeful. Trying to figure out exactly how we will get through this. We are blessed to have people who want to help, and we know we will have to let some things go to get through, but they are just things.

I have been trying for awhile to find the right plot for a mystery I want to write. A couple of my short stories have some very interesting characters in them and they keep coming to my mind. I want to create a story around familiar aspects of my favorite getaway place, Eureka Springs, Arkansas, but also incorporate memories of places from my growing up as well in Missouri. So little by little things come to me to put into this. Yesterday, the mystery plot came to me. Now I have to try to focus much harder on it. Hopefully as I get further into it the killer will be revealed. For that matter, I am not even sure who will be murdered yet. But they will let me know just as they have in the past. I can't wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment